Right to Life Advocates
Created in 1974 as a 501(c)(4) corporation, Right to Life Advocates, is a sister organization to Foundation for Life, and was created to serve the greater Houston community on Pro–life issues.
Foundation for Life
Created in 1976, as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, was created to educate the community on pro–life issues following the 1973 Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision, which legalized abortion in all 50 states regardless of the stage of pregnancy.
First Crisis Pregnancy Center
Foundation for Life opened the first crisis pregnancy center in Houston in 1986 to offer positive alternatives to young women considering abortion.
Maternal Assistance Program
What we offer:
- 24/7 year-round phone call support, compassion and confidentiality to discuss an unplanned pregnancy, or crisis situation
- Free pregnancy tests Wednesday thru Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Free ultrasounds by appointment Wednesday & Friday only 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Staff is the client advocate for other client social service needs
- Free maternity and baby items including, diapers, wipes, food, clothes & other items as available for families with children 3 years and younger
- Onsite navigator to assist in applying for WIC, SNAP & Medicaid benefits
- Free workshops and special events for participating clients
- Guidance, love, compassion, mercy, kindness and moral support and direction
- Call 713-682-6433 for an appointment or to find out how we can help
Advocacy and Education Program
Foundation for Life educates the community on issues affecting the dignity of the human person. As one of the organizations created to address these issues, Foundation for Life is a true resource for issues affecting the unborn baby and the women and families in the midst of an unplanned pregnancy
Board Of Directors
- Bill Alexander, PhD.,President
- Grimes "Bo" Boatright
- David Doyle, Treasurer
- John Hubenak, President Emeritus
- Joseph Najarian, Vice President
- Pat Boatright
- Medical Director
- Jerome Clayton Young, MD
- Legal Counsel
- Richard "Dick" Schmude
Foundation for Life Team
- Emily Ponte, Director
- Erin Alexander, Business Manager
- Tina Alemany, Team Lead and Case Manager
- Elsa Flores, Case Manager and Social Media Coordinator